I had just come back from a business trip from Bali, and was feeling tired and the MGS coming on to me,
MGS? Yes, I made that abbreviation up. It stands for Mommy Guilt Syndrome.
Oh, we’ve all been through it. You know, that feeling of guilt because you had to go away and do some things and leave your kids for some time ? Yeah, that one. If anything, it actually makes you feel more tired.
So, I do what I always do when I am in this mode. I chant my Ho’oponopono mantra. Whattt?? Say that word again.
Basically, it’s a self healing method I like to do, that’s easy and relieving. So what I did was:
1. Sit and be quiet and breathe conciously, then said to myself: For all the guilt that is building up now, causing me to feel even more exhausted and frustrated for nothing:
I’M SORRY. I FORGIVE YOU. I LOVE ME. THANK YOU
2. Then I breathe in deeply. If it still feels heavy, I repeat it again.
3. After this, I usually feel light and clear. I drink water, and head straight to the kitchen to make a rockin delicious healthy meal for my family.
Sounds simple, eh? But it works. This method is just one of my many collections of self healing methods I choose from my “tool box” 😀
We, especially us, women in this case, tend to mother everyone and everythig else, except ourselves. Sound familiar? Haha, thought so
Okay, so here’s the recipe:
1.5 cups quinoa
2-3 cups water or VEGGIE STOCK to make it tastier. I posted about VEGGIE STOCK before here.
1 t cinnamon powder or 1 cinnamon stick
1 lemongrass stalk bruised
1/2 fennel bulb(optional,but makes the difference. You can opt for 1/2 t ground fennel powder too if you want)
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup mint, chopped
1/4 cup spring onions, chopped
1/4 cup chopped almonds.
1 medium zucchini. cut into halved rounds
1 T tamari or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
1 t coconut nectar
1/2 T extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Ground blackpepper + seasalt (pinch)
SAUTÉED MUSHROOM VEGGO
1/2 cup brown onions (minced)
1/2 cup halved mushrooms
1/2 cup baby corn, halved lengthwise
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1 medium sized red bell pepper, cored, then sliced lengthwise
1 tsp SOPHIE’S POWDER FIX ( see in my other post)
Ground black pepper + sea salt
1 T coconut oil
Here’s how I did it:
- Cook the quinoa according to instructions on package, except this time, you use VEGGIE STOCK, if using. Or just plain water. But throw in the cinnamon, cardamom, lemongrass and fennel in the water too. Let it cook. Once cooked, discard lemongrass, cinnamon stick and fennel bulb, strain, and let quinoa cool in a bowl. Add the chopped cilantro, mint, spring onions and mix throughly, slowly. Set aside
- While the quinoa is cooking, you can roaste the zucchini. In a bowl, place the half rounds of Zukes and add ij the tamari and coconut nectar. coat them evenly, then place on a baking tray lined with baking paper, and oven roast in 150 celcius for about 15 – 20 minutes. Watch them though. Don’t burn them. We just want them to dry a bit.Once done, put in a bowl and drizzle over EVOO, seasalt + blackpepper. Set aside.
- Heat pan and pour in coconut oil, once heated, sautée the brown onions and stir around until they have softened and released fragrance. Then put in the mushrooms, stir around, add in babycorn, keep stirring around, so the cook evenly. After a while add in the broccoli florets ( I added a bit of my torn kale leaves, just to clean up the fridge), stir around, add seasalt, blackpepper , and SOPHIE’S POWDER FIX, at the end, throw in the sliced red bell peppers and turn of heat. Set aside.
- Now take a bowl and assemble. Put a bit of the quinoa, the sautéed mushroom veggo, then assemble the Zucchini, add in your choice of greens (I used romaine hearts, you can use whatever greens you like), sprinkle some almonds, and add slices of avocado. I also added some sourdough smothered with my almond cashew cheese ( I bought from this super cool artisanal breadshop in Jogjakarta, Indonesia, look them up if you live in Indonesia, they do delivery it’s called KEBUN ROTI , they are also on instagram @kebunroti)
The bread was just my last minute idea, since I was sooo hungry. I aslo added some bake tofu leftovers (you can bake tofu exactly how you did with Zucchini)
This salad already tastes so good anyway. The key is in the fresh minty lemony quinoa. You can always dress your choice of greens in balsamic vinegar if you want, or just plain EVOO+black pepper. Totally your choice what you do with it:)
PLEASE tag me if you try this Quinoa recipe. Comment here, or tag me on instagram @sophienavita!
PLEASE take the time to click into my newest YOUTUBE video about Guacamole .. it’s here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06S1TtU6WaU
PLEASE feel free to comment here, if you want to connect with me. Or leave an email !
Okay, I gotta go wash the dishes now. Remember, YOU ARE ENOUGH.
I FORGIVE YOU.
I LOVE ME.
I LOVE YOU.
Love, with broccoli in my hair…..